Cohen, Weiss and Simon LLP, a boutique union-side labor law firm has an opening for a paralegal with a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved program and 7-10 years of experience. The qualified candidate will be capable of organizing and running all phases of labor, ERISA, bankruptcy and civil discovery as well as trial preparation including review and analysis of documents, performing asset related research and cite checking.
- This position will assist and support all aspects of a busy litigation practice.
- Prepare pleadings and other legal documents, correspondence, and exhibits, format and proof.
- Gather facts, documents, and evidence to assist in the initiation of legal action or motion practice.
- Assist with discovery requests and responses; conduct document searches; collect records via subpoena, organize documents and coordinate document productions, including bates-stamping, redaction, production logs, and e-discovery.
- Maintain and search document repository and claims management databases.
- Work with clients and class members to gather and convey information.
- Prepare materials for oral arguments, depositions, and other litigation proceedings.
- Prepare for trials; organize exhibits, witness materials, the trial notebook, and all other supporting documents; coordinate trial logistics.
- File and retrieve documents on federal court database – PACER.
- Review, analyze and summarize client and plaintiff-submitted documents.
Qualified candidates must have an in-depth knowledge of Federal court rules and procedures. Proficiency in online databases and programs including, Westlaw, Excel, PowerPoint and Worlddox. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. We are committed to fostering a firm culture of diversity and inclusion. Women, minorities and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.